- Blogging 2-4 times per week
- Guest blogging and promoting others
- Aiming to get an Alexa rating of under 200,000.
I started this blog at the end of September of 2013. To be honest I really haven’t paid to much attention the statistics of how much traffic my website has gotten. My overall goals right now are to continue to develop useful and entertaining content and to increase the readership of my blog. There are multiple ways to track this. I downloaded the Alexa toolbar yesterday, and I signed up for google analytics a little over a month ago. here are my current stats:
- Alexa Traffic Rank 1,444,481
- Alexa US Traffic Rank 179,346
- Analytics past month visitors: 515
- Analytics past month page views: 1,207
- Moz Domain Authority: 8/100
- Moz Page Authority: 16/100
These numbers give me a starting point. I will most likely post updates to these with my financial goals updates on a quarterly basis, at some point I might go to a monthly basis. Even if I do not quite reach the lofty goal of under 200,000 on the Alexa ranking, I am sure with 6 more months of concentrated effort, I should see a substantial improvement. My overall mission with this website has been to provide easy to understand and actionable information about optimizing finances, increasing the readership of my blog will only help in that mission.
Action Steps I plan to take to increase readership:
- Continue to develop quality content
- Engage more on other blogs and financial forums
- Promote others on my site and start allowing guest posts
- Guest post on other websites
- Increase the social media presence of Action Econ
- Track my progress
Is there anything I am missing? What else could I do to increase readership?