A list of my favorite finance blogs and other resources
- Budgets Are Sexy
- Cash Cow Couple
- Clever Dude
- DINKS Finance
- Even Steven Money
- Financial Samurai
- Modest Money
- Retire Before Dad
- Retire By 40
- Rockstar Finance
- Root of Good
- The Broke and Beautiful Life
- Three Thrifty Guys
- Tightwad Travelers
Most of these links are to business and attractions in Southwest Michigan. I often get requests from friends on what they should check out when visiting Southwest Michigan, so I thought I would include these links as well.
- Eden Springs Park and Train Rides: Eden Springs park is a revival of the Eden Springs Park that was ran by the House of David Colony in the middle of the 20th century in Benton Harbor, MI. An amazing amount of work has taken place to restore the structures, grounds, and the famous miniature train rides.
- Bumbleberry Acres: Bumbleberry Acres is located in South Haven Michigan, and features a corn maze, a haunted house, a playground, and barrel cart rides in addition to the farm market.
- Curious Kids Museum: Curious kids Museum is a great indoor place for kids to play and discover in St. Joseph, MI. They have two buildings within walking distance to each other, right on the shore of Lake Michigan.
- Sarett Nature Center: Sarett Nature Center has over 1,000 acres connected by 8 miles of trails in the Paw Paw River watershed, located in Benton Township. Sarett has a great indoor area with birdwatching areas, and several animals on exhibit.
- Warren Dunes and Grand Mere State Parks: These are massive state parks in Berrien County Michigan that feature Michigan’s unique sand dunes and have extensive trail systems with long sections of beach on Lake Michigan.
- Kal-Haven Trail: The Kal-Haven trail is a railroad trail revamped for human and bike traffic. It stretches between South Haven and Kalamazoo.
- Jollay Orchards: Some of my favorite memories as a child were going to Jollay Orchards for the hay rides and to pick out our pumpkins for Halloween. Jollay Orchards also has a farm market and is right down the road from Grandpa’s cider mill and a Dinosaur Park, featuring sculptures of Dinosaurs made out of metal.
- Hidden Pointe Fun Park: Hidden Pointe fun park is located in Benton Harbor Michigan and features an 18 hole miniature golf course, batting cages, and Go Karts.